Elementary / Middle / High Schools
The Physics and Astronomy Department at UCR announces a call for requests from elementary, middle and high schools for astronomy workshops for Spring 2016.
Workshops have been implemented for a year and over 2,000 students have enjoyed the wonders of the Universe, through talks, interactive activities and telescope viewings. The activities are offered free of charge and given by faculty members, postdoctoral scholars and graduate students of UC Riverside. Workshops are designed following California State Standards for Science. Depending on the workshops and the number of students involved, UC Riverside may be able to partially cover the cost of materials from funding received through an National Science Foundation grant.
Due to constraints workshops are offered only to the Riverside Unified School District as well as adjacent School Districts upon request (San Bernardino, Moreno Valley, Perris, etc.).
- Available dates for Spring 2016:
- Run from March 28 until May 27, 2016.
- Requests must be submitted at least 3 weeks in advance.
- Refer to the brochure to know more about the different workshops, activity times, suggested workshops by grade, and number of students we can manage per activity.
- Please check our current availability in this calendar [updated on March 17]. Days in white are free, dates marked in yellow & orange mean limited availability; red means no availability.
- Request a workshop here.