Take the History of the Universe Course (PHYS 005) for your science breadth requirement, and have fun at the same time.
- The Big Bang
- Black holes and quasars
- Dark matter and dark energy
- The evolution of galaxies
- The different types of galaxies (spiral, elliptical, irregular)
- The origin of spiral galaxies
- The search of extraterrestrial life
Also, win extra-credit points with interesting projects and through interactive questions in class.
The course is taught by Dr. Mario De Leo-Winkler, an astrophysicist specializing in researching educational methods in science. Dr. De Leo-Winkler has offered over 300 conferences worldwide and supervised educational workshops and picture exhibitions attended by over 1.1 million people. During the course you are sure to find a multimedia experience that will make learning more attractive.
- The course will be taught on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays of the Spring 2007 quarter, from 4:10 to 5:00 PM.
- There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- Older versions (two previous editions) of the textbook are accepted so you don’t have to spend a lot of money.
- If you have any questions please send them to email@example.com