COSMIC THURSDAYS, a series of public and free talks on astronomy continues during 2018. The talks are designed with the general audience in mind, they are fun, easy to understand, and engaging.
- Date: Thursday February 22 – 6:30 PM
- Speaker: Dr. Peter Creasey [Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, UCR]
- Place: UC Riverside, Physics Building Room #3035
- Talk: ‘From the Big Bang to 2018: Simulating the Formation of Galaxies Through Cosmic Time’
Our biggest telescopes can see our cosmic environment out to billions of light-years away, looking back to the fluctuations shortly after the big bang. In this talk I will describe our place in the cosmic environment and the tools we use to simulate the astrophysical processes that produce galaxies, stars and ultimately ourselves.
- Parking: Free permits available at Parking Kiosk to park in Lot 13
- Information: Mario De Leo at email@example.com