COSMIC THURSDAYS, a series of public and free talks on astronomy. The talks are designed with the general audience in mind. They are fun, easy to understand, and engaging.
- Date: Thursday, May 23 – 6:30 PM
- Speaker: Prof. Stephen Kane (Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, and Physics and Astronomy, UCR)
- Place: UC Riverside, Bourns Hall, Room #A265
- Talk: The Planet We Could Not Imagine
The current search for potentially habitable planets relies heavily upon what we have learned from objects within our solar system, where we can obtain direct measurements of surface conditions. As well as understanding habitable environments, such as Earth, it is imperative that we study where the boundaries of habitability may lie and the kinds of planetary processes that result in hostile environments. In this talk Prof. Stephen Kane will describe lessons learned from the Earth-size planets in our solar system and the issues faced in trying to model exoplanets that are unlike anything we’ve ever seen.
- Tickets: Free but RSVP is required through EventBrite
- Parking: Limited, free permits available at Parking Kiosk to park in Lot 13
- Information: Dr. Xinnan Du at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cosmic Thursdays – Public Talk – May 23
posted in: Uncategorized | 0