Elementary / Middle / High Schools
The Physics and Astronomy Department at UCR announces a call for requests from elementary, middle and high schools for astronomy workshops for Winter 2016.
Workshops have been implemented for a year and over 1,500 students have enjoyed the wonders of the Universe, through talks, interactive activities and telescope viewings. The activities are offered free of charge and given by faculty members, postdoctoral scholars and graduate students of UC Riverside. Workshops are designed following California State Standards for Science. Depending on the workshops and the number of students involved, UC Riverside may be able to partially cover the cost of materials from funding received through an National Science Foundation grant.
Due to constraints workshops are offered only to the Riverside Unified School District as well as adjacent School Districts upon request (San Bernardino, Moreno Valley, Perris, etc.).
- Available dates for Winter 2016:
- From January 25 to March 18, 2016.
- Requests must be submitted at least 3 weeks in advance.
- Please refer to the brochure to know more about the different workshops, activity times, suggested workshops by grade and number of students we can manage per activity.
- Take a look at the current calendar to request the best dates (yellow, orange and red mean that date is already [almost] full). Updated on January 13, 2016.